Solicitor Vacancy (Full-time)
Beltrami & Company comprises some of the most experienced, tenacious and respected legal minds in Scotland. Each and every member of our team has a passion for achieving great results for our clients and pride in the work that we do.
Beltrami & Co are looking for both Civil and Criminal Solicitors experienced in litigation to help develop an already expanding department.
Beltrami & Co is well-established and has been at the forefront of criminal defence since it was founded over 60 years ago. In recent years, the firm has expanded and now undertakes civil litigation – family, contact, employment and general civil disputes (predominately privately-funded). The firm’s stability can offer job security during these uncertain times.
The successful criminal candidate will be versatile and responsible for advocacy in both summary and solemn proceedings in courts throughout Scotland.
The successful civil candidate will have responsibility for advocacy in a variety of interesting and challenging disputes, with a degree of specialism in certain fields, in particular, family law, employment law, commercial law and private client.
- Advocacy before courts, tribunals and professional regulatory bodies.
- Drafting court documents and other related documents.
- Supporting the development of the team’s internal and external profile.
- Compliance with the firm’s time recording and case management policies.
- Prioritising the delivery of excellent client service at all times
- Preferably 2 years PQE, however NQs who have gained relevant experience may be considered.
- Experienced in advocacy in terms of procedural and evidential hearings and legal debates.
- Possess a good working knowledge of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995/Sheriff Court Procedure.
- Experienced in a client-facing role with good communication skills. The ability to identify clients’ priorities and tailor advice accordingly is essential.
- Takes pride in offering a first-class service, both personally and on a firm-wide basis.
- Communicates with colleagues and clients in both a timely and accurate fashion, with an ability to manage expectations.
- Takes personal responsibility to keep legal knowledge up to date.
- Demonstrates strong research skills.
- Manages their own caseload, subject to supervision.
- Experienced in the use of a case management system.
- Commercial and profit-focused.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence and own vehicle.
With a passion for blending your commercial expertise with your outstanding communication and client care skills, you will take pride in delivering first-class service to our clients. You will be a motivated, competent person with the ability to treat your client with compassion.
We encourage applications from those with an interest in their own professional development and a genuine interest in and enthusiasm for law. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further their career within a supportive environment.
How to apply