Our criminal defence lawyers and solicitors are recognised as Scotland's best criminal lawyers in the preparation, presentation and conduct of criminal defence cases.
If you have been charged with a crime, or think you are going to be, contact our top rated criminal defence lawyers today.
Criminal Defence Lawyers Glasgow, Scotland
Our criminal defence lawyers & solicitors, based in Glasgow, advise and represent clients in Sheriff Courts and the High throughout Scotland. From Aberdeen to Orkney, from Edinburgh to Elgin, Stranraer to Wick, our solicitors can and will act on your behalf. We can advise you on funding and are registered to provide legal aid.
Our criminal defence services include:
- Crimes of Violence (including Assault, Murder, Culpable Homicide & Domestic Assault)
- Crimes of Dishonesty (including Fraud & Financial Crime)
- Crimes of a Sexual Nature (including Rape, Sexual Assault & Historical Sexual Offences)
- Crimes of Disorder
- Other Areas of Criminal Law
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
- Court Representation
- Identification Evidence
We advise on:
- fraud (including benefit fraud)
- financial crime
- sexual offences
- rape (S1 of the Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009)
- penetrative acts without consent (S2 of the Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009)
- sexual assault (S3 of the Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009)
- unlawful sexual communications
- historical sexual crimes
- domestic abuse (S1 of the Domestic Abuse Scotland Act 2018)
- threatening and abusive behaviour (S38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Scotland Act 2010)
- stalking (S39 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Scotland Act 2010)
- road traffic offences
- sexual harassment
- attempted murder
- culpable homicide
- proceeds of crime
- breach of the peace
- drugs offences
- illegal file sharing
- criminal music distribution
- public order offences
- corporate crime
- white collar offences
- offensive weapons
- sectarian offences
- football banning orders
Why Beltrami? The law firm that other lawyers recommend
Beltrami & Company are an award-winning firm of specialist criminal law practitioners. The firm has been highly regarded amongst its peers for six decades providing a professional, dedicated and astute range of legal services across Scotland and beyond.
The firm boasts a wealth of legal knowledge and expertise, particularly in the field of criminal law, employing creative legal thinkers to interpret the law and provide imaginative legal problem solving techniques.
Having acted in more than 150,000 cases in 60 years in every court in Scotland, the firm boasts a wealth of legal knowledge and expertise, particularly in the field of criminal law, employing creative legal thinkers to interpret the law and provide imaginative legal problem solving techniques.
Our team is led by Gary McAteer. Comprising 4 Solicitor Advocates, 1 Kings Counsel and 9 Solicitors along with qualified support staff, we boast unrivalled criminal defence expertise.
We are ranked number one by a variety of different peer-reviewed organisations. We are in the top tier in the prestigious Chambers directory. Chambers describes us a ‘highly regarded’ criminal law practice with ‘deep roots’ in the Glasgow criminal defence community. They also note our expertise in handling murder/homicide cases, defending violent crime and our expertise in the growing and fast-moving field of sectarian crime.
The Legal 500 place us in their top tier for crime, fraud and licensing law and note that we enjoy “An unrivalled reputation in Glasgow”.
We are the criminal lawyers other lawyers recommend. No matter how serious an offence you have been charged with, Beltrami and company have the skills and expertise to defend you.
If you are facing charges related to sexual offence, fraud, or financial crime, Beltrami & Company offer expert advice in these locations:
- Grampian, Highland and Islands
- Tayside, Central and Fife
- South Strathclyde, Dumfries and Galloway
- North Strathclyde
- Edinburgh, Lothian and Borders
- Glasgow and Strathkelvin
Contact Beltrami & Company's Expert Criminal Defence Lawyers in Glasgow, Scotland
Beltrami & Company offer a high quality service to all clients, whether the case is legal aided or privately funded. Clients can be assured of complete confidentiality and discretion.
Beltrami & Company are conveniently based near Glasgow city centre but operate throughout Scotland. The firm offers a 24-hour, 365-day a year service for clients in police custody. Any calls to our offices out with normal business hours can be dealt with by an experienced solicitor. Contact us today to find out more.