Legal Secretary Vacancy (Full-time)
Beltrami & Co Ltd are an award-winning city-centre based legal firm, who are renowned for criminal defence and, more recently, civil litigation, including family law, employment law and actions for payment. They are looking to expand their administrative support team.
The firm continues to go from strength to strength and is due to embark on a further period of expansion across all departments. The firm, which is well-established and has been at the forefront of criminal law for over 60 years, is stable and can offer much-needed job security during uncertain times.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary or paralegal to work alongside our existing admin team and support the solicitors.
- Audio typing
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documents
- Liaising with clients and potential clients (both over the phone and face to face)
- Diary management
- File opening
- Processing applications for funding
- Ensuring both paper and electronic files are up to date at all times
- General administrative support
- Typing speeds of 80 wpm+
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both with clients and colleagues
- Ability to follow office administrative procedures to ensure a smooth and reliable flow of work through the office
- Ability to manage their own time effectively and prioritise workload
- Outstanding attention to detail required
- Willingness to learn new tasks and procedures
- Preparedness to take responsibility for the way their own actions may impact the performance of the office as a whole
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of usage of LawWare case management software, as well as Lexacom Digital Dictation and Legal Aid Online, is desirable
Working hours are from 9 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday
20 days’ annual leave in addition to the statutory public holidays
(as notified by the Royal Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow) – 3 days to be retained for the festive period
With a passion for blending your commercial expertise with your outstanding communication and client care skills, you will take pride in delivering first-class service to our clients. You will be a motivated, competent person with the ability to treat your client with compassion.
All employees are expected to abide by the Code of Ethics applicable to Scottish Solicitors. In particular, all employees must keep information relating to clients and cases strictly confidential, must not voice criticism of other solicitors/organisations to clients or the public and must be aware of restrictions on soliciting new business.
How to apply